|Roosevelt HS Shooting: Failure of Mental Health Care System By News Release @ 12:41 PM :: 526 Views :: Education K-12, Health Care, Justice Reinvestment|
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
HONOLULU, HAWAII 96813-3077
COMMITTEE ON BUDGET
COMMITTEE MEETING ROOM
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 5, 2014
The video of the full proceedings of this meeting will be available for viewing after the meeting at http://honolulucountyhi.iqm2.com or a copy of the video may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768-5822
1. COMMUNICATION D-43 – TAX COMPROMISE FOR ALPHA & OMEGA INTERNATIONAL CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES, INC. From the Department of Budget and Fiscal Services requesting a one-time real property tax compromise of $2,027.40 for FY 2013 – 2014 real property taxes due on the property located at 920 Kilani Avenue and identified by Tax Map Key 7-4-006-015.
2. RESOLUTION 14-21 – RELATING TO REAL PROPERTY TAX COMPROMISES. Amending City Council policy relating to real property tax compromises.
3. RESOLUTION 14-18 – CDBG AND HOME PROJECTS SELECTION COMMITTEE. Selecting members for the CDBG and HOME projects selection committee.
4. BILL 54 (2013) – RELATING TO TAXIS. Amending the fares and charges for taxicab service. (Bill passed second reading and public hearing held on 10/9/13)
PROPOSED CD1 TO BILL 54 (2013) – The proposed CD1 (OCS/102213/04:16/CT) makes the following amendments:
A. Deletes the requirement that flat-rate fares must be approved by the CSD Director.
B. Adds a new provision providing that all fees imposed on taxicab drivers or taxicab companies by any governmental agency (Federal, State or City) may be passed through by taxicab drivers or taxicab companies to their customers at cost as an additional charge.
5. BILL 70 (2013), CD1 – RELATING TO FEES FOR CERTAIN PERMITS AND SERVICES. Amending the Revised Ordinances of Honolulu 1990, as amended, relating to fees for certain permits and services administered by the Department of Planning and Permitting. (Bill passed second reading and public hearing held 1/29/14)
6. BILL 1 (2014) – RELATING TO PARKING. Authorizing certain parking stalls for mobile food vendors. (Bill passed first reading 1/29/14)
7. BILL 7 (2014) – REAL PROPERTY TAX CREDIT. Refining the requirements regarding the real property tax credit for low-income homeowners. (Bill passed first reading 1/29/14)
8. BILL 6 (2014) – RELATING TO LEASING OF CITY AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECTS. Providing new authority for the issuance of a Request for Proposals under the City’s Honolulu Affordable Housing Preservation Initiative in the event a transaction is not consummated thereunder before the repeal of Ordinance 2-12 on April 1, 2014. (Transmitted by Communication D-42; Bill passed first reading 1/29/14)
9. PROCEDURES USED BY THE CITY’S REAL PROPERTY TAX ASSESSMENT DIVISION TO ASSESS PROPERTIES.
10. THE CITY’S CONTRACTING OF FOOD CONCESSIONS.
ANN H. KOBAYASHI, Chair
Committee on Budget
HILO, HI, December 4, 2013 – USDA Rural Development Hawaii State Office announced that applications are currently being accepted for the Value-Added Producer Grant (VAPG) Program. The objective of the program is to help agricultural producers enter into value-added activities related to the processing and/or marketing of bio-based value-added products. Furthermore, to expand markets and increase financial returns to agricultural producers. An independent producer, farmer or rancher cooperative, agricultural producer group or majority-controlled producer-based business are eligible to apply. Eligible applicants may apply for a planning or working capital grant. The maximum grant per application is $75,000 and $200,000, respectively. Completed applications must be received by February 24, 2014.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) remains focused on carrying out its mission, despite a time of significant budget uncertainty. Today’s announcement is one part of the Department’s efforts to strengthen the rural economy. Click to continue »
Entries Due: March 7, 2014
Submit entries online at: www.hawaiiconservation.org/myhawaiiwww.hawaiiconservation.org/myhawaii
Winners will be announced on May 16, 2014. The winning stories will be published in the My Hawaiʻi Story Project 2014 anthology and will receive a copy of the anthology, award certificate, and other special prizes.
See the flyer here.
For full contest information, visit http://www.hawaiiconservation.org/my-hawaii/2014-my-hawaii-story-projecthttp://www.hawaiiconservation.org/my-hawaii/2014-my-hawaii-story-project.
Aloha Hawaii Census Data Users:
Recently the Census Bureau released 2008-2012 American Community Survey 5 year data. We have compiled Hawaii highlights focused on census tract ranking for 11 variables such as median household
income and percentage of population with a bachelors degree and above. The PDF highlights as well as an EXCEL file with all 317 census tracts ranked are located at:
(Census Tract Summary Tables (5-Year Estimates)
Also, we would like to thank the Office of Planning GIS office for releasing an interactive map containing a pop-up box which displays the 11 variables. Search the map by street address using the search box in the upper right corner with instructions on the right side of the page. The map is located at:
Hawaii State Data Center
CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU
PUBLIC WORKS AND SUSTAINABILITY
COMMITTEE MEETING ROOM
WEDNESDAY, February 5, 2014
The video of the full proceedings of this meeting will be available for viewing after the meeting at http://honolulucountyhi.iqm2.com or a copy of the video may be requested by calling the City Clerk’s Office at 768-5822.
Minutes of JANUARY 17, 2014 MEETING
1. RESOLUTION 14-19 – THE BOARD OF WATER SUPPLY BILLING SYSTEM AND PRACTICES. Urging the Board of Water Supply to improve its bill estimating system and retroactive billing practices.
2. RESOLUTION 14-23 – SIDEWALK ASSESSMENT STUDY. Requesting the City Administration to conduct an assessment study to identify and repair hazardous sidewalk conditions in urban Honolulu.
Stanley Chang, Chair
Committee on Public Works and Sustainability